Oh yeah, Prime Day is coming! Or I should say Prime Days are coming! Have you heard of Prim Day? If you haven’t, Prime Days, July 12th and 13th this year is a time set aside on Amazon for some really great deals. And to get you in the mood for doing a little shopping, I thought it might be fun to share with you what is in my shopping cart right now as I wait patiently for the Prim Days to arrive. And I also thought I would share some of my Amazon splurge purchases with you. You know, in case you were wanting to try Amazon for yourself, or are looking for a few ideas of what to splurge on!
What Is Amazon Prime Day?
Are you familiar with Amazon? Do you have a prime membership? Do you even know what a prime membership is? Well let’s start with Amazon. Amazon started way back when, a long time ago, and they mainly sold books. Well fast forward to today, and you can find just about anything on Amazon. And I mean anything! I have bought so many specialty horse items on Amazon.
Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping. Members enjoy ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup from Amazon Fresh and Whole Foods Market in more than 5,000 cities and towns, free Same-Day Delivery on hundreds of thousands of items in over 90 major metropolitan areas, and free One-Day Delivery on more than 20 million items coast to coast. And members also receive fast, free delivery on prescriptions from Amazon Pharmacy and prescription savings at more than 60,000 participating pharmacies in the U.S.
I always shop around, looking for the best price on something I am going to buy, and I always include Amazon in my shopping searches. They usually are competitive with prices. And most of the time, I can find the best deals on Amazon.
And once a year, Amazon has a celebration called Prime Day, or in this year’s example, it’s Prime Days because it happens on July 12th, and July 13th.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Some of the blog posts on my site will allow you to purchase different products and services online provided by other merchants, and not myself. Some of the links that I post on my site are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I may receive an affiliate commission.* I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn a commission by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. *Disclosed in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
And to take full advantage of the Prime Day savings, you need to have a Prime membership. For my family, it is completely worth it. You have options for your membership too. You can pay monthly, or annually. We chose the annual payment of $139 per year. We use the heck out of our Prime Membership! And just in case you are wondering, what do you get with a membership, let me show you……
Prime Membership Benefits
If you are curious about all of the benefits that an Amazon Prime Membership offers, here are a few:
- FREE Two-Day Delivery: Millions of items delivered fast and free.
- FREE One-Day Delivery: Available on more than 15 million items with no minimum purchase.
- FREE Same-Day Delivery: Available, in select areas, on over 3 million items for qualifying orders totaling $25 and over, in as fast as five hours.
- Ultrafast Grocery Delivery: Get two-hour delivery on a wide selection of groceries, including meat, seafood, produce, snacks and household essentials. Check availability in your area.
- Prescription Delivery and Savings: Enjoy fast, FREE Two-Day Shipping on prescriptions from Amazon Pharmacy, plus exclusive savings when paying without insurance.
- FREE Release-Date Delivery: Be among the first to get new video games, books, music, movies and more. Choose Release-Date Delivery on qualified items and receive your package by 7 p.m. on that date.
- FREE No-Rush Shipping: Don’t need your Prime order right away? Select No-Rush Shipping and earn rewards for future purchases.
Streaming and Digital Benefits
- Prime Video: Watch exclusive Amazon Originals and thousands of popular movies and TV shows — all at no extra cost. Watch at home or on the go with practically any device.
- Prime Video Channels: Watch your favorite shows and movies from discovery+, Paramount+, EPIX, NBA League Pass, and STARZ channels — no cable required, cancel anytime and no additional apps to download. $4.99–$14.99/month for Prime members.
- Amazon Music for Prime members: Access 2 million songs, ad-free, plus millions of podcast episodes — included with your Prime membership. Listen on any Echo device and take your music and podcasts anywhere with offline listening.
- Amazon Music Unlimited: Get unlimited access to over 75 million songs and millions of podcast episodes. Listen to any song, anywhere, ad-free. Prime members pay just $8.99/month for an individual plan.
- Prime Gaming: Get free games to keep, in-game content for your favorite games across all available devices, and a Twitch channel subscription — all free each month.
- Amazon Photos: Prime members get unlimited full-resolution photo storage and 5GB for video storage with Amazon Photos and can easily order printed products or use Amazon Photos to personalize their Echo Show or FireTV.
- Prime Member Deals at Whole Foods Market: Exclusive discounts and offers on qualifying item(s) for Prime members in-store and online.
- Prime Day: Exclusive shopping event for Prime members delivering incredible savings and deep discounts on deals across every category.
- Prime Exclusive Deals: Enjoy deals every day on thousands of items available only to Prime members.
- Save on Prescriptions: Search, compare and save up to 80% on prescriptions at over 60,000 pharmacies, including Amazon Pharmacy.
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card: Earn 5% back at Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market, and at least 1% back on all other purchases. In addition, get 10% back or more on select products as a limited-time offer.
- Prime Store Card: Earn 5% back every day on Amazon.com purchases and access exclusive promotional financing offers. In addition, earn 5-15% back on select rotating items throughout the year.
- Amazon Prime Secured Card: Build your credit while earning 2% back on Amazon.com, Amazon Fresh and more.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com.
- Prime Try Before You Buy: Try on clothes, shoes, jewelry and accessories from the comfort of your home with no upfront charge, and pay only for what you keep.
- Share Your Prime Benefits: Link your account with one other adult to share shipping, streaming access to movies and TV shows, Prime Reading and more for free.
- Free Shipping at shopbop: Enjoy free two-day shipping and next day shipping at shopbop.com.
- Free Titles at Audible: Prime members are invited to start an Audible Premium Plus trial with 2 credits that can be used on any titles.
- Free Upgraded Shipping at Zappos: Get free expedited shipping on all Zappos orders.
How is that for a lot of value? I think that says it all. I got this information from Amazon – I had no idea of the specifics on all of the benefits the Prime membership offers, so I found it for you!
What Is In My Amazon Shopping Cart Right Now
Are you ever curious about what people are buying? I don’t know if I’m weird, but I think it’s fun to see what other people are buying. Maybe they have found something I have been searching for? I have caught myself on more than one occasion looking into someone else’s shopping cart when I’m at the store. #Don’tJudgeMe
So I thought I would share with you what I have in my Amazon cart right now, at this very moment.
This supplement has been great for Plezant. And I’m out. It is more expensive than it used to be though. But it’s worth it. Muscle-UP powder is a vitamin supplement that is meant to help your horse build and maintain muscle mass. I started using it about 2 years ago, and I haven’t stopped. I do notice a difference in Plezant’s overall muscle tone. And he looks pretty good for a 25 year old horse. He doesn’t act like he’s 25. And does this product help? I think it does!
The 2.5 pound size container lasts me about 3 months. I know this because when I click on the picture in Amazon, it tells me that I last ordered it 3 months ago. Thanks Amazon! I love that they keep track of when the last time I bought something! The AniMed Muscle Up Powder is around $40, which is a lot of money. But for me, and my horse, it’s worth it!
Ok, this stuff STINKS! But it really works! MTG is a product that helps the horse’s skin. It is also incredible at growing hair. And right now I am on a quest to get Plezant to actually have a forelock, along with a beautiful and thick tail. This is the stuff that will make that happen.
It’s really affordable too. A 32 ounce bottle – which will last a very long time, is about $19 on Amazon. I have found it a little cheaper at Riding Warehouse, but with free shipping, and super fast 1 day shipping that I get from Prime, Amazon is the way I buy it.
I should do a before and after process while I am applying it to my boys manes and tails so you can see the process. It really is incredible stuff!
Amazon Prime Day Is Coming!
You just have to be careful when you apply it. It can burn, so I only apply this treatment in the evening, after the sun goes down. And I always wear gloves when I’m applying it, because this stuff stinks so bad. But I have gotten used to the smell, and actually kind of like it now. But not so much that I want to have the smell on my hands, even after I wash them. So I always wear gloves when I am applying it.
But right now – I can’t smell anything, thanks to Covid. So I could actually put it on without worrying about the smell! But if you try this, and you do have a sense of smell – trust me, wear gloves!
But if the smell factor really has you wicked out, they do make M-T-G Plus, which is supposed to smell better. I wouldn’t know because I haven’t tried it. Have you?
Ok, so I am already starting to work on my Fall crafting, and videos. So I found these gold glitter flourish stickers for a fall pumpkin craft to make. They are expensive, but I can’t find them anywhere else. So, I hope they are everything I need them to be for my pumpkin craft! They are super pretty, as well as blingy! Right now they are around $8 on Amazon.
Oh my goodness. This is my FAVORITE glue for crafting, as well as around the hose, barn, tack room, wherever! This adhesive is STRONG and if you are looking for a permanent glue, this stuff is it. I know I can find it a little cheaper locally, but every time I go to the store – I forget to buy it! So to me, $9 is worth it.
This E6000 glue works on plastic, wood, metal, glass, pretty much anything! And for all of the crafting projects I work on, I use a lot of it. I hate it when I am working on a project, and go to find my glue – and don’t have it! So when I remember, I buy a tube of it, so I won’t run out.
Oh my goodness. I am addicted to these mints! These things took me by surprise. I bought some at a gas station on a whim and they are TASTY. But when I ran out, I was having a really hard time finding them. So I’ve started buying them in bulk.
I love the flavor. I love the metal packaging. You don’t really save a lot of money when buying them like this, but when I buy an 8 pack of them on Amazon, then I know I will have them for a while.
These mints are slightly under $2 a box when bought like this.The Amazon price right now is about $15. At the gas station, they’re $2. But finding them locally has been a huge problem for me. So, I save the frustration and buy them online.
As a side note, if you start finding yourself really gassy, it’s could be these tasty little mints. I have to caution myself against eating so many because they do contain sorbitol, which can cause some GI issues. So just don’t eat an entire tin of these mints, and you’ll be fine! Sorry, that may be a little TMI, but I think it’s a worthy tip!
Amazon Prime Day Splurges
Ok, so now that I have shown you what is in my shopping cart right now, I thought it would be fun to share with you some of the BIG splurges I have bought on Amazon.
Oh my goodness – I LOVE these stirrups!!!!! You know how you search for the perfect piece of equipment, and you find different things that may work, but then they don’t? So then you keep searching, keep spending money, and keep getting disappointed.
But – when I found these stirrups, my search was over! These stirrup irons do everything the company says they will do. They are lightweight, but sturdy. My foot stays in the correct position and feels much more stable than it did in my old stirrups, which helps me ride better. And even though they are not jointed, I can still ride and not have issues with ankle or knee stiffness. How incredible is that?
Yes, they are expensive. BUT – they are worth every penny! They work! They improve my lower leg stability, they help me to ride better, which makes me ride more. I have tried many, MANY different styles and brands of stirrups on my quest for the perfect stirrup, and these are by far the best stirrup irons I have ever used.
I don’t even know how I originally ended up finding this curry comb. But I thought, it’s only $10.00, let’s try it out. And you know what? It’s pretty awesome!
I am really impressed with this curry. It gives a very nice massage, and it is supposed to help with blood flow and circulation. Does it do that? I don’t know. But I do know it is a fantastic curry that I use to get that really deep dust and dander up to the surface when I am grooming my boys. And if you have been following this blog for any amount of time, you know that I LOVE to groom my horses!
For me, this curry is definitely worth the $10.00 price tag. And it also comes with a handout showing you how to use the curry and get the biggest benefit. It is easy to grip and hold onto while you are grooming. I really like that.
And I have seen this curry advertised for over $25 on Facebook ads. But for $10 on Amazon – it is well worth it.
Ok, I found this spray nozzle by searching for it after being fed an ad on Facebook. The one on Facebook was $49. And that was a ‘deal’ marked down from $65. And it looked really cool. So I searched and found it on Amazon for $18. And it also included a cool wash mitt. But the one thing that is not included – in the Facebook version, or the version I bought is the converter attachment that you must have in order to attach this to a hose.
You also need to purchase the QuickConnect 2 Piece Adaptor. And yes, you can get it on Amazon for $6.
I do like this sprayer. It does what it says, and makes it easy to apply shampoo in one step. However, you go through a LOT of shampoo with this. But it does make fast work of bath time for my horses. So while the idea is awesome, be prepared to go through shampoo fast when bathing your horse. I wish there was a way to make it deliver the shampoo a little bit slower so it would last longer. But that being said, this is a great tool making bath time a much faster process. I also find that I actually bathe my horses more, because of the fact that I have this.
Ok, I know, this is not a horsey item. BUT this thing is so cool! I have heard of microdermabrasion. But the treatments are VERY expensive. And you have to go somewhere to have this done. There are a lot of things I would rather do than spend a lot of money on routine skin care. But at the same time, having your skin look its best is something we all want right? Right! So I splurged, and bought this home facial machine for $47. And I love it! This thing is so cool, and it does work.
It comes with a lot of attachments for you to be able to get to all of the parts of your face. And I think it does make a difference in the appearance of my skin.
It acts by sucking your face up in little suction like cups. It helps to remove dirt and debris and can help your pores look smaller, while removing the yucky stuff that gets into your skin. I’m impressed with it. And it was definitely worth the cost. If it makes you feel better about your appearance, that’s worth it right? I think so!
So if you want to treat your skin to an at home microdermabrasion treatment a couple of times a week for better looking skin, this is a great tool for you. I am really glad I bought it.
Again, another beauty product. I know, I know. But this thing is so cool! I was watching an informercial one afternoon, and there was an advertisement for a fancy shmancy makeup airbrush system. And it was cool – the people using it made it look sooooo easy! But I wasn’t going to spend over$200 on a splurge. So I went to Amazon, and I found a similar one. You know, like the one in the infomercial. I bought it, and tried it, but it did not work at all.
I decided to send it back – which is something I never do. But it was around $90, and to me, that is too much money just to throw away.
But then I found this ‘real’ airbrush system and it cost about the same as the one I had just sent back. So I figured I would give it a try. And oh my goodness am I glad I did! This thing is SO awesome! It makes putting on makeup so easy – without looking like I have a tone of makeup on! And my justification for buying it was for my videos. I want to look good for my videos, and I wanted something like this, to help me feel better about the way I looked. Mission accomplished with this airbrush!
Again, this was a splurge for me. And I do feel it is worth the $95 cost. It helps me to be able to apply my makeup quickly, and evenly. The makeup it comes with is really good too. You can mix and match the shades to get the perfect color.
And I have found using this airbrush, along with my microdermabrasion machine, I have noticed a difference in my skin, and how I feel in my appearance.
Amazon Prime Day Is Coming!
Alright, so now that I have shared with you the many benefits of Amazon Prime, what are you waiting for? Why haven’t you signed up? The cost? Yeah, it costs money – but there are so many benefits! The money that we save on cutting cable out of our budget is enough to make the membership worth it for me. I mean we were spending over $175 a month for television cable. But we have cut the cord – and now most of the TV we watch is on Amazon. So by getting rid of cable, just for one month, our annual Prime Membership has paid for itself. Plus the free – and super fast shipping is definitely worth the membership.
But if I still haven’t convinced you to give it a go, how about a free trial? Did you know that you can try Amazon Prime FREE for 30 days? That’s right! If you click on THIS LINK – you can try Amazon Prime for yourself for free for a month! Free is free right? So why not give it a try? I am pretty confident you will love it. I know we do.
Get Ready For Amazon Prime Day!
Ok, so you can see Amazon has a lot of benefits if you are a Prime member. But the things that I have shared with you are just the tip of the iceberg. Ans the deals I have gotten aren’t on Prime Day. No, they are just my every day purchases that I find. But on Prime Day, they offer even better deals. A lot of times, the savings are even better than Black Friday shopping. So if there is something special that you are looking for, I really think you should check out Amazon on Prime Day(s). You never know what kind of deals you will find! And it is well worth your time to go ahead, and look around. That doesn’t cost anything right? And you might be surprised at what treasures you will find!
Happy Prime Day!